Just as everyone is right
All people should have the right and freedom to express their love, sexuality and identity. We never give up from that.
Equal rights for all should be a matter of course.
The environment party wants
- that all people should be treated equally regardless of gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation,
- that the law should be adapted to suit all families, regardless of whether children grow up with one, two or more adults,
- adapt family policy to gender neutral and strengthen the rights of star families;
- strengthen the right of asylum for LGBTQ persons,
- strengthen efforts for the mental health of trans people.
Many LGBT people testify about discrimination, ignorance and poor treatment of care, school or other public bodies. We want to see strength in the discrimination against LGBTQ people. Work on the rights of LGBTQ persons, with special focus on the vulnerable situation of transgender persons, shall be intensively conducted at all levels.
Young LGBTQ people are entitled to free zones where they can be themselves, such as special meeting places or youth centers.
The Environment Party wants to introduce protection against hate and hatred for LGBTQ people in the EU.
Better for star families
All children should have the same right to security, opportunities and respect, no matter what their family looks like. The heteronorm still prevails too often in family policy. We want to adjust family policy to make it more gender neutral. Among other things, through a three-part parental insurance and that more people should be able to be guardians in families with more than two parents.
Freedom in Sweden
Many LGBT people in the world have no opportunity to live freely. In some countries, LGBTQ people risk executions or public violations. People fleeing persecution due to sexual orientation or gender identity must have their asylum reasons taken seriously and given a sanctuary in Sweden. No one should have to be sent back to a country where it is criminal to be gay or transgender.
The rights of transgender persons must be strengthened in Sweden and the EU
All people have the right to be themselves. In recent years, the visibility of trans people in society has improved and knowledge and support for trans people has increased. Nevertheless, mental illness is still great. We are fighting for a modernized gender affiliation law that will differentiate the medical and legal process. Medical interventions are not required to have their gender affiliation recognized legally. We want to remove the 18-year limit for changing legal gender. We do not have politically determined age limits for other care, this does not mean that doctors do not make assessments in the individual case.
Vote for stronger LGBT policy in EU elections:
The environmental party wants:
- states that refuse to follow common principles of democracy, the rule of law, human rights and protection of minorities should be able to quickly reduce or withdraw EU support.
- introduce a criminal-law protection at EU level against hatred and incitement against LGBTQ persons and other minorities, similar to Sweden’s law on incitement against ethnic groups.
- introduce an anti-discrimination directive and set aside money for work against discrimination.
- extend the mandate and strengthen the resources of the EU Fundamental Rights Agency.
The environmental party rules
- During our time in government, we have fought hard for the rights of LGBTQ people:
- we change parental insurance to make it work better for star families,
- we have set up a study on how parental presumption can be gender neutral, so that same-sex couples do not have to undergo kinship adoption to both become custodians,
- The Swedish Migration Board has been commissioned to improve the LGBT skills of its staff,
- transgender people are now finally included in the hate and hate crime act,
- as the first country in the world, we are now making payments to transgender persons affected by the previous sterilization requirement in the Gender Equality Act,
- we have improved the rules for when two people have children after one or both parents have changed their gender,
- we have set up a large investigation into the living conditions of trans people, who have delivered many proposals that are now being prepared in the Government Offices,
- single women have the right to insemination, and
- we have simplified the rules for determining the paternity of children born through surrogacy.